Hologic Technical Service Engineer in Danbury, Connecticut
Technical Service Engineer (Job Number: 170720)
The Product Support Engineer, Connected Devices is responsible for the technical evaluation, introduction and support of Breast and Skeletal Health products within the framework of Hologic’s Connected Devices platform. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors which may include customer impact, Hologic business priorities and regulatory requirements. Will serve as a technical liaison to Marketing, Engineering, Applications, Installation Coordinators, Service Training and Sales concerning the performance, implementation and development of Hologic’s Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem. This position includes developing device rules, notifications, and actionable reports through product level scripting in our Connected Devices platform to enhance the Customer Experience and our Service offerings.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
· Key contributor in the development and growth of Hologic’s Connected Devices platform. Will act as the subject matter expert in the area of Internet of Things (IoT) that works with cross functional teams in defining and implementing device, service, and customer requirements for our connected devices.
· Key decision maker and functional owner for the Connected Devices platform as it relates to the Insight Driven Innovation process.
· Coordinates the delivery of information to all functional teams of Service as they relate to Hologic’s Connected Devices platform.
· Provide direct support of escalated problems to internal and external customers.
· Takes ownership of reported problems and owns/manages them through to their completion while providing follow up details to the field team on a regular basis.
· Represent service on assigned product projects by attending meetings to review product specifications and to identify / communicate service concerns.
· Write, review, validate, and implement technical documentation (bulletins, user guides, procedures, and manuals), for use by in-house and field personnel, to properly install and maintain Hologic products.
· Maintain a current, in-depth knowledge of the product, its functions and diagnostic capabilities to support service and customer needs.
· Attend training and self-study to acquire, maintain and improve job skills
· Use and add content to knowledge base tools to research and document problems and their resolutions.
· Develop and provide product training to Hologic Service Training, product support teams, and Hologic Service providers.
· Deliver consistent, high quality, training on supported product(s), service tools, and complementary technologies.
· Escalate appropriate service issues and concerns to management as necessary.
· Maintains a travel schedule that is consistent with the requirements of the position; adjusts work schedule to meet customer demands; participates in after hour’s related projects and travel as necessary. Available to travel on short notice for overnight trips or longer to meet the customer needs.
· Domestic and International travel may be required for complex repairs, installations, pre-site evaluations, and training.
· Perform other duties and projects as assigned, to meet company and department objectives.
· Adheres to the Company's quality and regulatory compliance requirements, without exception, and ensures that all job duties inherent in the position description are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
· Must have a working knowledge of developing end-to-end IoT solutions and associated programming languages.
· Must possess the ability to work independently to resolve reported or discovered product issues.
· The ability to communicate effectively and convey complex theories and procedures.
· Must be familiar with Linux and Windows operating systems.
· Capable of performing installations and repairs in order to train users on the operation of our products.
· Possess a keen, flexible and aggressive intellect with superb conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Capable of designing, developing, and delivering technical training courses on new or existing products to satisfy in classroom instruction and online training.
· BA/BS degree or related technical discipline in computer science, electrical / electronic engineering, or an equivalent blend of education and experience.
· A minimum of 7 years related job experience is required in a customer, technical, or field support role with at least 2 years spent in a medical product support capacity.
· At least 2 years of experience working in the Internet of Things ecosystem.
· Prior experience in information technology security.
· High level knowledge of imaging technologies, DICOM and a strong understanding of application integration and mammography workflow.
· Working knowledge of Cyber Security best practices.
· Working knowledge of programming languages and their use in M2M communication.
· Working knowledge of web development.
· Familiarity with Electrical, Mechanical, and Software design concepts.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Hologic, Inc. is proud tobe an Equal Opportunity Employer & VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Danbury
Organization: BSH Customer Experience and Service
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Aug 8, 2017, 12:15:39 PM