Hologic Packaging Technician - Temporary in Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Packaging Technician - Temporary (Job Number: 170743)
The candidate will be responsible for packing diagnostic products in a GMP manufacturing environment. The team will complete packing processes on a semi-automated packing line or via a hand-packing operation within the packing hall. They will be responsible for the accurate completion of manufacturing records to support release of product. They will ensure all GMP and safety practices are followed at all times. The candidate will have the ability to learn new job related skills within a GMP and a highly regulated environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform routine set up of packaging equipment to enable the packing of product
• Ensures that the equipment and work area are clean and in a functional state
• Performs daily, weekly & monthly cleaning procedures
• Perform real-time ERP Transactions to record work activity
• Perform Cycle counts on paper and Hand held scanners
• Complete Paperwork to GMP standards
• Responsible for transportation, handling, and disposal of waste
• Awareness of COSHH & Manual Handling Technics
• Communicate with the Team and other departments
• Maintains stock levels of consumables
• Perform material Picking & Staging Activities
• Safe use of Mechanical Handling Equipment & Personal Protective Equipment
• Support other areas, as requested by Management
• Ability to work as a Team or on own initiative
• Housekeeping to ensure safe working environment at all times
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Basic Microsoft computer skills
• Basic knowledge of ERP system.
• Basic knowledge of GMP requirements.
• Basic knowledge of shipping, receiving, inventory control, stores and packaging functions
• Basic Reading, Math’s and communication skills
• Ability to learn new skills and follow instructions from seniors and management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DESIRABLE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Typically requires High school Qualifications
• Typically requires 0-1 years Job related experience
• Good mathematical, written and communication skills.
• Ability to learn procedures, techniques & safe use of packaging equipment
• Working knowledge of general safety & record keeping
• Knowledge of current GMP / ISO regulations
• Microsoft office application knowledge
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Regularly required to lift and carry materials
• Regularly required to do standing and sedentary duties
• Regularly required to use a computer and IT equipment
• Regularly required to listen and communicate with others
• Regularly required to use close vision and adjust focus.
• Regularly required attend meetings and Training sessions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Work areas can include outdoors, office, warehouse and manufacturing environments.
Actions taken by employees in this position have financial impact on end results of the product, department and the company.
Agency And Third Party Recruiter Notice
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current, executed Hologic Agency Agreement signed by a member of the Talent Acquisition Department. In addition, Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent via the Hologic Taleo portal, under these terms or they will not be considered and be will wholly owned by Hologic.”
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester
Organization: Manufacturing Operations - International
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 6, 2017, 5:20:47 AM