Hologic Project Engineer 1 CR in Alajuela, Costa Rica
Project Engineer 1 CR
Post Date Apr 05, 2018
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Project Engineer is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, completion and closure of projects guaranteeing consistency with the company strategy and goals and according to the processes and methodologies established by the PMO.
· The Project Engineer ensures that a project is completed on time, on scope, within budget and with the desired quality.
· The Project Engineer collaborates in the implementation of the process of projects management thru detailed project plans and schedules, following procedures, project objectives and project charters among others.
· The Project Engineer follow the implementation of the project management’s knowledge areas and process groups.
· The Project Engineer prepares reports and presentations to be used in different project status meetings (i.e, Local PRC, Corporate PRC, SPR) to launch a project or update status
· The Project Engineer participates in scheduled department meetings to report project status and prepare and give presentations. Defines project progress, problems and solutions.
· The Project Engineer monitors progress and status of all assigned projects and reports progress and problems to project team, management, stakeholders, sponsors and Steering Committee on a timely basis.
· The Project Engineer supports other organization initiatives such as process improvements and metrics reporting.
· The Project Engineer builds productive internal/external working relationships.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Scope of Work
· The Project Engineer will be responsible to implement the project management methodologies and practices.
· Strong communications and stakeholder management skills are required, as this position will work with many cross-functional departments internal to Hologic, and many customers and vendors external to Hologic.
· Strong problem solving ability and analytical skills are required.
· Strong planning and organizing skills
· Team Work
· Attention to detail
· Bachelor’s Degree in industrial engineering or related field.
· Certification in Project Management such as CAPM is desirable.
· 1-3 years’ experience in medical device engineering/manufacturing or related field. Experience leading projects is desirable.
· Proficient in MS Office and MS Project application to prepare schedules, presentations and overall project documentation.
· ProChain experience is preferred
· Additional experience with Agile and Oracle is preferred.
· Languages required for the position: English - High (Verbal and written)