Hologic Account Executive - Birmingham, AL in Birmingham, Alabama
Account Executive - Birmingham, AL
Post Date Sep 11, 2018
Hologic is seeking a Account Executive responsible for the promotion and sales of the diagnostic technology to laboratories in assigned geographic territory.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Exceed quota on all assigned product lines
· Place instrumentation by effectively selling to prospects and customers
· Perform account management effectively to maintain current base business
· Effectively blocks competitive activity and converts competitive accounts to Hologic
· Develops and achieves accurate sales forecast of reagents and capital equipment
· Attends local and national professional trade shows and events and promotes product to prospective customers
· Keeps abreast of local billing and reimbursement issues
· Leads the planning of overall strategy for the team to included DSSs, CAS/FAS and Management Team
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
· Expertise in Microsoft Windows and Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint, Excel and other popular business software desirable
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills
· Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
· Minimum of eight years industry experience with five years of medical capital sales experience or equivalent combination of education and experience with at least two years selling to the clinical laboratory.
· Infectious Disease or Molecular Diagnostic sales experience preferred.
· Since this position requires extensive driving during the workday, a valid driving license and satisfactory driving record as well as a serviceable vehicle available for work use is mandatory. Based on territory, overnight travel may be required to effectively grow territory sales.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer & VEVRAA Federal Contractor