Hologic Vice President, Manufacturing Operations in Danbury, Connecticut
Vice President, Manufacturing Operations
Post Date Mar 14, 2018
Oversees Manufacturing operations for multiple sites (Danbury, Connecticut and Newark, Delaware) for the production of Breast and Skeletal Health Solutions. Positions ensures that operations adhere to the organization’s processes and policies as well as strategic priorities. Successful candidate will be a positive, self-confident, decisive leader that will influence across the organization.
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
·Direct the development and implementation ofactivities to reduce direct manufacturing costs, including but not limited todirect and indirect labor, and product materials, by improving workflow,reducing waste, reducing bottlenecks, improving material utilization, improvinginternal project due dates to assure the meeting of customer due dates, andimproving the efficiency and effectiveness of the costs and results ofproduction in the Facilities, Engineering, Production and Operations areas ofthe Company.
·Improve the Company’s customer due date results,reduce aggregate inventories (including inventories of materials, workin-progress, and finished goods) by meeting or exceeding inventory goals,reduce errors in production, and improve the quality of finished goods. Theprimary goals shall be focused around metrics to validate efficiency, adding tomargins and growth of the business
·Establish and manage budgeting and budget executionwith a focus on product costs and overall margins. This includes overseeingequipment and capital improvements.
·Establish strategies for the business with aforward-thinking approach for 3-5 year planning and present such strategies forexcellence. Provide direction, setgoals, and develop process and implement accordingly.
·Accountable for the outgoing quality, safety andefficacy of all finished product, compliance with all applicablespecifications, Standard Operating Procedures, FDA regulations, cGMP’s and applicableregulatory bodies.
·Responsible fortalent management (Attract, Develop and Retain aspects) and succession planningof direct team. Lead, motivate, inspire and drive the success of employees,processes and procedures.
·Accountable toensure that, as the company grows, manufacturing capabilities meet or exceedall industry and customer requirements for cost, quality and responsiveness.The VP, Manufacturing Operations should work closely with cross functionalteams (Project Management, Finance, Quality Assurance, Sales, StrategicProcurement, Information Technology, and Research and Development Departments)to establish and implement internal and external processes and practices and tomeet and exceed all internal and external requirements.
·Prioritizes production schedules based on productintroduction, sales forecast, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
·Selects, develops, and evaluates employees and vendorsto ensure the efficient operation of the function.
·Identify and prioritize problems (or unexpectedresults) and drive them to resolution.
·Ensures appropriate process controls to achievetargeted shipping and fulfillment.
·Ability and experience in transitioning programs fromR&D development through commercialization.
·Ability to manage and direct the Supply Chain forhigh quality, lowest total cost product and on-time deliveries.
·Must be detailed orientated and initiative driven;capable of maintaining a high level of independent work on detailed projects.
·High Energy and goal-orientated with desire tosucceed in a business environment.
·Establish clear goals and objectives for the entire team.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training and developing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree. Preferred degrees in engineering, operations management or business.
· Fifteen (15) years of experience in a lead manufacturing/operations role.
· Working across organizational boundaries
· Demonstrated performance as a strong team player that enjoys a fast paced atmosphere.
· Prior experience creating a work environment in which employee engagement can happen.
· Knowledge of manufacturing/assembly of products requiring multiple production steps.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience with direct/indirect responsibility for Supply Chain management.
· Lean Manufacturing experience.
· Experience developing and managing high performing teams.
Skills and Knowledge
· Exceptional team-building skills, collaborative and process-management skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills at an executive level
· Effective critical thinking, inductive and deductive reasoning and excellent independent judgment/decision making skills
· Results oriented and unquestioned personal and business integrity.
· Ability to create clear and comprehensive documentation.
· Medical devices manufacturing/assembly experience a plus.
· Experience with ISO requirements mandatory.
· Experience with FDA preferred.
· Knowledge of quality systems and medical device development.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
· Knowledge and experience with MRP/ERP systems required.
Agency and Third Party RecruiterNotice:
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer& VEVRAA Federal Contractor