Hologic Senior Electrical Engineer in Marlborough, Massachusetts
Senior Electrical Engineer
Post Date Apr 13, 2018
You will be part of an enthusiastic, dynamic, results-oriented team of mechanical and electrical development engineers, and interface directly with software development engineers, scientists, design assurance engineers, and product managers working to define and develop Hologic’s best-in-class Skeletal division products. The ideal candidate is one who understands complex electro-mechanical systems, and how they interact with software, manufacturing, service, and external vendors, to fulfill product requirements.
· This position would report to the Sr Manager of Hardware Engineering.
· Candidate will work with and provide some supervision to lower level engineering staff
· Lead new electrical designs
· Lead sustaining engineering efforts related to electrical design changes.
· Test electrical systems and subsystems in both analog and digital electronics.
· Create supporting documentation. (Design Requirements, specifications, verification protocols/reports…)
· Adhere to the Hologic design control standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Successful candidate will havean in-depth understanding of electrical systems, will serve as atroubleshooter and will be key problem solver on projects and will havethe ability to design at all levels.
Applied electrical engineeringknowledge concerning the research, design and development of new productshaving state-of-the-art sophistication for X-ray generators, dataacquisition, signal processing, power supplies, etc.
· Provides technical leadership and supervision to lower-level engineering staff.
· Designs and directs engineering personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and determines methods, procedures, and conditions for testing the engineered products and associated apparatus.
· Involved in the specification and selection of electronic components.
· Evaluates and test components.
· Directs activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
· Ensures design, fabrication, maintenance and repair methods/processes are developed as wellas executed in a manner, which supports all quality standards.
o Analog design
o Digital design
o Cable and harnessing design
o Power distribution assemblies
o Knowledge of CAM350 (Design tool) a plus
o Knowledge of design simulators (Spice)
o Ability to create and manage documentation in accordance with Hologic design control procedures is a must.
o Required to learn “Agile”, Hologic product development life cycle management tool.
o Experience working in a regulated industry is a plus.
o Reviews and approves documentation.
o Maintains design and test records.
o Active participant in formal design reviews.
o Must be able to test and debug complex electronic designs to a component level.
o Must be able and willing to perform hands-on fabrication, testing, and repair work that is required to support assigned activities as needed when support from technicians may not be readily available.
o Ability to write embedded code to test designs is a plus.
o Candidate must have experience and be proficient at using laboratory test equipment used in electrical engineering work. This includes but is not limited to;
§ Spectrum analyzers
§ Function generators
§ Logic Analyzers
o Ability to work with other electrical engineers (Both senior and junior) and technicians.
o Ability to work with Design assurance engineers to perform the testing and verification of designs.
o Ability to work with mechanical and software engineers to assure design compatibility.
o Ability to communicate with Project Managers and direct supervisors on current status as it related to meeting commitments.
o Ability to communicate with manufacturing personnel.
o Ability to communicate with filed service engineers.
o 10+ year’s relevant working experience.
o Accepts accountability for assigned tasks.
o A working knowledge of international electrical standards related to medical devices is a plus.
o Troubleshooting skills
o Ability to recognize and report problems affecting successful completion of project, and suggest solution.
o Significant technical contributor to generation of specifications and schedules.
o Must be able to apply electrical design techniques and possess knowledge of practical electrical and fabrication solutions for the design of complex electro mechanical products.
o Electrical problem solving ability required.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering
Master’s degree in Engineering, a plus
Minimum of 10 years’ experience
Preference given to experience in medical device field
· Orcad Schematic Capture a plus
· Word Office Suite a must
· Understanding of medical device compliance standards a plus
· Knowledge of electrical compliance standards.
· Knowledge of design controls a must.
(Including Physical & Mental requirements)
· Must be able to repetitively lift and carry product weighing approximately 30 lbs.
Agency and Third PartyRecruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employerinclusive of disability and veterans.