Hologic Engineering Technician - (Process Focus) in Newark, Delaware
Engineering Technician - (Process Focus)
Post Date Dec 28, 2017
· Support Manufacturing and Engineering by analyzing the production systems, including processes, components parts and equipment, and raw materials and make suggestions on ways to enhance the overall product quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may beasked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the belowmentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
·Develop an oversight of processes and working to maintain optimizationof production line
·Maintain, test, calibrate and repair production and prototypeequipment, product and related subassemblies per specifications and documentresults with operations and engineering with limited supervision of a SeniorTechnician or Engineer.
·Evaluate andtest various aspects of coating processes in order to update techniques andimprove quality, safety, and productivity efficiencies.
·Provideemergency/unscheduled repair of production equipment and/or perform schedulemaintenance repair of production equipment.
·Comply with 6S
·Report failures via NCR process if applicable
·Assisting with execution of verification protocols and editingprocedures as directed.
·Aid manufacturing engineering in failure analysis investigationsand report findings via NCR process.
·Assist with implementation of process improvements.
·Ability to cooperate with others in a team effort inorder achieve quality, safety and productivity goals.
·Ability to work overtime to meet production scheduleas needed.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· ☒Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
· ☒Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· ☒Lifting/moving and carrying products weighing up to 40 pounds.
· ☒Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
· ☒Safety Shoes with Impact and Compression Protection Must be worn.
· High School Diploma
· Associate’s Degree in a technical discipline in electronics, mechanical, software or related technologies
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Strong oral and written communication and organizational skills.
· Must be capable of completing assembly and test records for regulatory requirements.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Soldering skills preferred.
· Ability to read schematics and technical drawings.
· Ability to perform complex test operations and operate and maintain test equipment. Ability to multi-task and prioritize work activities.
· Ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex electro-mechanical systems.
· IPC-610 and IPC-620 Certified preferred
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer & VEVRAA Federal Contractor