Hologic Marketing Manager, UK - GYN and Surgical in United Kingdom
Marketing Manager, UK - GYN and Surgical
Post Date Mar 02, 2018
Reports To: Regional Business Director, EMEA GYN SS
Location: UK. Strong preference to be located in an Hologic office in UK (Slough or Manchester) or Alternatively Home base.
The primary expectation of the role is to drive the UK strategy working in close collaboration with the Regional Business director and Regional Marketing.Key elements of the role will be to firstly implement the Business Plan in close partnership with the sales and CAS managers UK; and secondly to partner with all relevant cross-functional partners such as regional marketing, international Med Affairs, Regulatory, Supply Chain, and regional sales training,to drive the flawless execution of the agreed strategies, plans and tactics with a particular emphasis on new product launches.
The individual will be a key member of the UK management team and Regional Marketing team and represent the UK voice of the customer in the New Product Development process to ensure that UK needs are met throughout the development phase for new products.He/she will be accountable for UK sales and market share results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES other duties may be assigned
· Drive the execution of the business plan and the new products launches
· Develop local marketing programs
· Interact with customers, KOLs, and industry thought leaders to gain insight on market and customer needs
· Track GYN SS franchise performance and competitiveness and proactively recommend course corrective actions where appropriate
· Serves as lead market for specific New Products and integrated communication initiatives
· Develops and executes strategic initiatives to shape the market environment in our favour (potentially partnering with Market Access SME)
· Partner with the Med Affairs International manager to develop differentiated Med Affairs and Professional Education programs to drive usage and conversion to HLX surgical techniques and procedures
· Manages own budgets professionally (develop budget, monitor expenses vs. budget and analyses impact of activities/expenses)
· Analyze pricing and ensure pricing policies are aligned with product portfolio objectives
· Act as Marketing support for all significant tenders and contract negotiations where appropriate
· Key participant in Strategic Planning process, Integrated Business Planning process and Demand Planning process
· Member of EMEAC GYN SS Leadership team
• Results Orientation and Sense of Urgency
To be successful the candidate will not be satisfied with simply achieving goals, but will seek ways to exceed them. He/she will have demonstrated that they take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for commitments and they deliver despite constraints or unexpected obstacles. In such cases, the ability to drill into detail in order to fix problems and get things done is vital.
The candidate must have an action oriented mind-set and a heightened sense of urgency.
Must also have excellent organizational skills and a track record of collaborating cross-functionally to develop, structures, processes and metrics, improving business practices, using internal and external benchmarking and taking a strong customer/business view.
• Collaboration & Influencing
It is imperative that the individual is able to build a network of relationships both externally (e.g. with distributors or KOL’s) and internally in order to operate effectively in a matrix structure, particularly with regional marketing and Distributors. He/she will seek input from the distributors, but at the same time be a good coach and challenger of his/her peers, not shying away from bringing up uncomfortable issues of importance in order to discuss and resolve them.
The Position Requires
· An experienced Marketing professional and a track record in developing Marketing strategies
and integrated communication plans
· Demonstrated financial and business acumen in making effective business decisions
· Proven track record of operating within a matrix organization
· Proven track record of operating within a regulated environment
· Ability to navigating complexity and comfortable with ambiguity
· Leadership skills with a strong bias for action
· Willing and ableto travel up to 60% of the time
Key Selection Criteria
· Marketing experience – minimum 6 years, preferably 8 years
· Significant brand/product management experience with a track record of generating innovative ideas, processes or solutions that create value
· Experience in building integrated marketing communication plans, B2B and as well as B2C in Healthcare and / or Consumer Healthcare
· Ability to lead, collaborate and influence in a matrix organization
· Demonstrated openness to diverse ideas and encouraging the same in others
· Bachelor Degree required. Master in business or marketing strongly preferred
· Strong oral and written communication skillsin English
Agency And Third Party Recruiter Notice
"Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current, executed Hologic Agency Agreement signed by a member of the Talent Acquisition Department. In addition, Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent via the Hologic Taleo portal, under these terms or they will not be considered and be will wholly owned by Hologic.”