Hologic Finance Accountant / General Ledger - Temporary in United States
Finance Accountant / General Ledger - Temporary
Post Date Mar 21, 2018
To provide leadership of the accounting close process and external reporting and to drive improvement in compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead the accounting close process on a monthly and quarterly basis adhering to required timelines
• Ensuring all accounting transactions are processed in a timely manner by the team and process accounting adjustment required for Revenue carve out, accruals, prepayments and provisions.
• Monthly mapping of P&L, Balance Sheet and Units information from local source systems to Oracle.
• Monthly Profit & Loss review including revenue, gross margin and opex review and Balance Sheet flux analysis
• Review of monthly management account packs and commentaries
• Manage completion of the Monthly and Quarterly reporting pack to the US finance team for USGAAP reporting requirements
• Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• External and Internal audit process management, working closely with the audit teams to ensure all requirements are met.
• Work closely with External Accountants who will complete external reporting, including VAT return and statutory accounts production.
• Drive continuous improvement within the monthly and quarterly reporting calendar and the external reporting process
• Ad-hoc analysis and reporting as required
• Provide advice and guidance to other departments on accounting issues as and when requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Finance Degree
• Minimum 5 years experience in finance on a similar role
• Oracle experience would be an advantage but is not essential
• Navision experience would be an advantage but is not essential
• Although there are no direct reports to this role the individual will be required to manage the close process and provide direction to the accounting team during this period. Any experience of managing a team would be an advantage.
• Fluent in English
• Portuguese knowledge would be an advantage
• Advanced Level in Excel
• A proactive approach will be required based on the continuously expanding and therefore changing production environment
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail are both required
• Strong interpersonal skills are required as there will be interaction with people both on site and at other international locations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Regularly required to sit.
• Regularly required to use a computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor.
• Regularly required to talk and hear.
• Occasionally required to walk to meeting locations.
• Required to use close vision and adjust focus.
Minimal travel is expected for this role.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed primarily in an office environment
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current, executed Hologic Agency Agreement signed by a member of the Talent Acquisition Department. In addition, Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent via the Hologic Taleo portal, under these terms or they will not be considered and be will wholly owned by Hologic.”
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of disability and veterans.