Hologic Quality Assurance Inspector in United States
Quality Assurance Inspector
Post Date Apr 09, 2018
Job Title: Quality Assurance Inspector (Incoming materials)
Department: Quality Assurance
Reports To: Product Release Supervisor , Quality Assurance
Responsible for the release of raw materials for use in manufacture in accordance with Hologic’s Quality System.
ROLE ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conducts quality inspections of raw materials as delegated
Release of raw materials as delegated
Responsible for liaising with Supplier Quality to resolve quality issues, initiates NCE records
Supports activities associated with aspects of the Quality Management System in relation to raw materials including:
Status of Non-Conformances and CAPAs
Status of extension requests
Participation in Material Review Board (MRB)
Participate in SQMT (Supplier Quality Management)
Participates as an associate of Material review board meetings as required
Develops and revises SOPs and work instructions as appropriate, assists in development and continuous improvement of the QMS
Serves as QA interface to other departments
Collates and provides department/site metrics as required
Perform other related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Advanced knowledge of QC, Manufacturing & Inventory processes.
• Working knowledge of QMS, QSR & ISO standards and requirements.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and related functions including the formulation of graphs.
• Experience working with Electronic Quality Management Systems.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Qualification in scientific discipline preferable; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2 or more years’ experience in Quality Assurance in the Medical or Diagnostics Device industry
• ERP experience strongly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Regularly required to lift and move materials
• Regularly required to sit.
• Regularly required to use a computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor.
• Regularly required to talk and hear.
• Regularly required to walk to warehouse area
• Occasionally required to walk to meeting locations.
• Required to use close vision and adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is performed primarily in a warehouse/office environment
Actions taken by employees in this position have financial impact on end results of the department and the company.
Agency And Third Party Recruiter Notice
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current, executed Hologic Agency Agreement signed by a member of the Talent Acquisition Department. In addition, Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent via the Hologic Taleo portal, under these terms or they will not be considered and be will wholly owned by Hologic.”
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of disability and veterans.