Hologic Senior Systems Administrator in United States
Senior Systems Administrator
Post Date Mar 14, 2018
This is a Senior Systems Administrator role with substantial technical responsibility. The role whilst positioned in Europe to provide infrastructure support during the European working day will have a global remit. There will be significant time spent in assisting the IS Management team in maintaining and developing Hologic’s group wide IS infrastructure ensuring adherence to global IS policies and procedures as well as industry best practice. The candidate will be exposed to a broad range of technology within a diverse environment and should be accustomed to a rapid paced workplace.
ROLE ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Deliver projects to the highest standard to enhance the IS & Telecoms infrastructure in line with Hologic’s Global IS strategy. Technical documentation writing skills are a requirement
• Develop, monitor and maintain global VMware platforms and associated datacentre infrastructure
• Monitor, Troubleshoot/resolve hardware and software issues with Windows systems
• Working collaboratively on a daily basis with global IS SysAdmin team to ensure clarity, quality and consistency on our shared goals and objectives
• Act as a global escalation point for IS infrastructure issues
• Contribute to the audit and control of software licensing ensuring full compliance
• Provide Global System Monitoring on-call support on a rota basis (07:00-15:00 GMT)
• Monitor, maintain and manage backups and associated infrastructure
• Carry out, monitor and test where appropriate server patching and anti-virus protection
• Conduct regular HA/DR/BC planning and testing exercises to auditable standard
• Resolve assigned trouble tickets and escalations, maintaining accurate progress status in Hologic’s ticketing system
• Ensure that all security requirements are met or exceeded
• Contribute to Global IS and Telecoms budget preparation and new technology proposals
• Responsible for ensuring timely delivery of objectives and targets to agreed standard
• To communicate clearly, in verbal and written form, in order to provide updates, information and presentations to relevant personnel to allow projects to be successfully met
• To comply with all Health, Safety and COSHH systems
• To comply with all Quality systems
• To carry out additional assignments as may reasonably be requested
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Typically requires a Degree in Computing or related field plus relevant time earning industry experience. It is anticipated the candidate will have a minimum of 10 years industry experience in a hands-on Information Systems role and ideally in an enterprise, distributed environment
• Extensive knowledge and a proven track record in designing and delivering solutions using VMware ESXi 5.5/6+, Exchange 2010/2013+, EMC or equivalent enterprise storage rollouts and replacements, Microsoft platforms including SCOM, SCCM, Citrix Xen Suite as examples
• Management, configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco UCS Infrastructure highly desirable
• Experience with platform / application migrations to the cloud, specifically O365 highly desirable
• Experience managing enterprise level storage platforms such as EMC SAN, DataDomain, Exagrid, Dell DR, ISILON
• Sound understanding of the IT industry and the latest technologies preferably in an FDA and Sarbanes Oxley regulated environment
• ITIL Foundation v3 2011 qualification desirable
• Microsoft Certifications at server level highly desirable
• VMware VCP highly desirable
• Enterprise SAN qualifications highly desirable
• Fundamental IP switching and associated network infrastructure skills are expected
• Strong, demonstrable analysis and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to manage own time and balance priorities to meet business needs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• There will be occasional lifting and moving of IT equipment including but not limited to; Servers, Switching infrastructure, SAN hardware, peripherals.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is performed primarily in an office environment. European and international travel will be an occasional requirement and candidates must be open to that prospect.
Actions taken by employees in this position have financial impact on end results of the department and the company.
A high level of customer service and attention to detail / quality is required as well as a high “first time fix” rate.
There will also be elements of project work for which the post holder will be accountable to deliver within specified, agreed timeframes and to agreed standards. The scope of these projects and their deliverables will depend on the project and will be made clear by the manager distributing the project prior to any work commencing.
In addition, all members of staff are responsible for the Health & Safety (H&S) of themselves and others around the site. It is essential that any potential H&S incidents are raised promptly with the Hologic H&S team to help ensure a safe working environment for all.
Agency And Third Party Recruiter Notice
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current, executed Hologic Agency Agreement signed by a member of the Talent Acquisition Department. In addition, Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent via the Hologic Taleo portal, under these terms or they will not be considered and be will wholly owned by Hologic.”