Hologic Technical Writer 2 in United States
Technical Writer 2
Post Date Mar 13, 2018
Develop, design, & control instructional & informational tools needed to assure safe, appropriate, & effective use of science & technology, intellectual property, & manufactured products & services. Combine multimedia knowledge & strong communication skills with technical expertise to educate across the entire spectrum of users’ abilities, technical experience, & visual & auditory capabilities
ROLE ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Act as Document Owner for documentation CCRs & route documents through the document change control process,
• Support other Document Owners by creating supporting justifications for changes & compiling accurate & complete documentation packages,
• Contribute to work instructions, area guidelines, knowledge base topics, style guides/templates, & department SOPs,
• Assist in the development & revision of documents, following established style & format guidelines,
• Proofread & review documents,
• Rely solely on other Technical Writers or supervisor to manage projects & timelines.
• Attend project/core team meetings as required.
• Revise existing documentation by working with stakeholders, partners, or distributors to facilitate revision, review, & approval of documentation.
• Coordinate the collaborative review process & establish review & edit cycles.
• Coordinate the transition of documentation through development, pilot & production phases as appropriate.
• For CAPAs, provide solutions, & implement changes as required.
• Through Technical Training, maintain experience & knowledge of manufacturing processes, assays, instrumentation, & software as it applies to documentation.
• Manage one or two documentation projects at a time.
• Prioritize deliverables & manage “expedites”.
• Maintain & monitor the development documents as required. Act as Document Owner for Development Documents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Typically requires BA or BS & 2-5 years related experience desired
• Good computer skills
• Working Knowledge of QSR/GMP requirements & departmental & company processes & procedures.
• Working experience w/ print publishing, design, & document control programs
• Problem Solving & Analytical Skills
• Project & Time Management Skills
• Intermediate Technical Writing Theory & Practices
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Regularly required to sit.
• Regularly required to use a computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor.
• Regularly required to talk and hear.
• Occasionally required to walk to meeting locations.
• Required to use close vision and adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is performed primarily in an office environment.
• There will be a requirement to work within a laboratory environment.
Actions taken by employees in this position have financial impact on end results of the department and the company.
Agency And Third Party Recruiter Notice
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current, executed Hologic Agency Agreement signed by a member of the Talent Acquisition Department. In addition, Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent via the Hologic Taleo portal, under these terms or they will not be considered and be will wholly owned by Hologic.”