Hologic Principal Scientist in Westford, Massachusetts
Post Date 3 days ago
Formulate viable solutions to complex problems based on theories and principles from the
sciences. Responsible for the development of new applications in the dermatology sector or
other areas the company may need. Responsible to define development, carryout
experiments, and product development functions involving current and future Cynosure
Key Results Area:
· Conduct internal and external studies to evaluate new techniques, lasers or other technologies.
· Analyze and evaluate data from both in-house and external collaborators to document development.
· Develop prototypes systems to be used in future evaluations.
· Responsible for written reports, white papers, patent disclosure, and other publications as part of the development process.
· Demonstrated achievement of detailed goals and concepts at project completions.
· Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in depth evaluation of variable factors.
· Exercises judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
Strong technical and experimental background
Project and concept development
Research and design for a specific project
Demonstrated writing and communication skills
Ability to plan experimental procedures to achieve multiple objectives within a project area
Strong background in medical devices and dermatology
Strong scientific rationale and proficiency in experimental design, troubleshooting, and data interpretation
Experience using mathematical/statistical languages
Working knowledge of laser technology and cosmetic dermatology strongly desired
Behavioral and Interpersonal:
Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and ability to generate high quality data within deadline requirements.
Ability to work in a team environment
May be required to direct the work of technicians, associates, and temporary personnel as necessary
Sphere of Influence:
Will interact with all levels of the company environment
Education and Experience Requirements :
The ideal candidate will have a PhD or equivalent experience in a basic science or a
Biotechnology area (Biochemistry, Biophysics, or Bioengineering) with a strong interest in
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of disability and veterans.